Following a catastrophic fire at Maintetti’s Holywell site in May 2013, Clearland were approached to provide remediation services in order to remove damaged goods and waste materials from the site.
Following a full and detailed site appraisal, Clearland’s rapid response and professional approach to the project was rewarded with the award of the Contract.
Key elements of the Contract works included:
- Initial site survey and liaison with the Environment Agency;
- Site clearance/remediation strategy approved with the Client, providing for the removal by tanker of a significant volume of contaminated fire water, some 800 tonnes of waste and oil/fuel recovery from 23 burned out HGVs;
- Full risk assessment and H&S strategy developed;
- Duty of Care audit trail;
- 1000 tonnes of fire damaged goods removed from site within a 15 day period;
- Contractor management to ensure efficient removal and disposal of waste from site; and
- Clearland to maintain full operational control of the project at all times.
Due to Clearland’s clear, efficient and meticulous approach, the project was completed a week ahead of schedule, much to the satisfaction of Mainetti.